- create and implement a design for the storage and maintenance of data or to improve an existing system(Database Management System (DBMS).
- coordinating internal computer-based systems
- combining data from multiple systems into coherent summaries, making provisions for missing and conflicting data.
- decide when the data can be summarized or when it must be displayed in full.
- evaluating the physical environment that affects data systems such as areas of operation, hardware design and storage devices used.
- regular hours, but may work longer hours to meet deadlines.
- work weekends and late nights if they need to visit building sites and clients' homes.